How to Change Your Default Mail Client on Windows 7, 8
Posted by on 03 June 2013 04:21 PM
To change your default mail client in Windows 7 or 8, please follow these steps:
1. Click on the 'Start' menu.
2. Click on 'Control Panel'.
3. In your Control panel, locate 'Default programs' and click on it.
4. Click on ‘Associate a file type’ or ‘Protocol with a program’.
5. On the scrollable list select 'Mail to'.
Note: This is most likely toward the bottom of the list.
6. Once you have selected 'Mail to', click on the ‘Change Program’ button at the top right of this window.
7. Here you will be able to associate the program you would like to use (Internet Explorer, Windows Live, etc.) with email links.